.On this page, you will find a short and to the point review of the Cuisinart SM-55BC 5-1/2-Quart 12-Speed Stand Mixer. In this review, we will try to mention the major pros and cons of this stand mixer. The main features of it, some useful opinions from several customers who purchased it, and other important details.
If you arrived here in order to find special discounts for the Cuisinart SM-55BC then simply Click Here to get this stand mixer at the best price we have found on the web!
Product Details And Most Helpful Customer Reviews
In A Few Words
The Cuisinart SM-55BC 12-Speed Stand Mixer is a popular model that is armed with a strong 800 watts motor. That can tackle any heavy job effortlessly. Its motor is housed in a hard-wearing die-cast polished metal with a chrome finish. For better control and precision, this provides 12 mixing speeds, as well as an automatic shut-off feature and a 15-minute countdown timer.
The SM-55BC features a splatter-free slow-start function and gentle-fold blending functions. The 3 power outlets are used for various Cuisinart attachments (not included in the package). The high-speed outlet is for the blender attachments and food processor, the mid-speed outlet is for the citrus juicer attachment, and the slow-speed outlet is for the pasta maker and meat grinder attachments.
Other important features of the Cuisinart SM-55BC 12-Speed Stand Mixer include the following:
- Tilt-back head
- Recipe book
- Accessories: splash guard, dough hook, flat mixing paddle, and chef’s whisk
It is also important to note that the Cuisinart SM-55BC 12-Speed Stand Mixer was designed and built according to the electrical standards of North America. It is covered by a 3-year product warranty and a 5-year motor warranty.
Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 10 x 12.5 inches ; 22.2 pounds
Shipping Weight: 23 pounds
Pros And Cons
- Its powerful motor and large stainless steel bowl do a great job of handling both small and large quantities of ingredients.
- Based on some consumer’s feedback, this stand mixer still operated really great despite falling from his kitchen counter.
- Its overall look is attractive and ultra-sleek, which will fit any modern kitchen. It is light in weight, so it is easier to move around.
- The slow-start and gentle-fold blending functions ensure that you won’t have to worry about flour and other ingredients from making a mess in your kitchen.
- It is a great feeling that the company stands by their product by giving a 3-year product warranty and 5-year motor warranty (versus KitchenAid’s 1-year warranty for example).
- The 15-minute timer means you won’t have to worry about over-mixing or standing by the mixer the whole time.
- The top cover (for hiding the attachments) easily comes off, especially when lifting the mixer head.
- It is mostly made from plastic, which makes it feel like it’s cheaply made. It is a bit loud, but not annoyingly loud.
Should You Get This Stand Mixer?
Based on consumer reviews and our experience, a lot of KitchenAid fans were a bit nervous switching to this brand of a stand mixer. Fortunately, all of them ended up loving this model, and aside from its reliable and powerful performances, it is also backed up by a great warranty.
True, it is mostly made from plastic, but it doesn’t really affect its performance (which is superb, by the way). Most of its cons are pretty minor and it doesn’t even jitter, even when mixing heavy dough. Overall, the Cuisinart SM-55BC 12-Speed Stand Mixer is a highly recommended product for anyone. How is looking for a great replacement to KitchenAid at the $300 price range?
More Recommended Products For You